May 26, 2008

Caught in the Middle? Nah, I Don't Think So

Our company will have its summer outing on June 8 & 9 in an Island in Zambales. I still don't know where exactly are we going. It would be fun. I never missed a single outing held by the company ever since I became a part of it. Well, maybe this would be the first time.

It is only me and my sole brother who lives together. Our mom is in Thailand right now. There would be nobody left to care of him. He is only 12, technically, he'll be 13 on June 9, and I am his sole guardian. I love him and I couldn't afford to leave him alone for 2 days especially on that very day, his birthday.

I've asked our HR if i my bro could tag along. Sad to hear, but it can't be done. The big boss has said that it would only be the spouses and children of those married employees. :(

But, it's fine. I have already arranged plans months before on how I would treat my brother in his special day. I'll just keep it a secret for now.

Anyways, our HR is has been encouraging me to come but I am already decided. If I cannot be allowed to bring someone along, so it is. I don't want to cause any trouble especially on those days.

Happy summer to everyone! :)

No comments: